Dear Sisters and Brothers of IBEW Local 984,
Spring is in full swing and summer will soon be here. I hope you and your family are enjoying this beautiful weather.
Below are some highlights of our union activities:
- Local 984’s Mardi Gras membership party was held on March 9th. There was a very good turnout and a lot of fun. I hope everyone who attended had a great time. I would like to thank those who planned this event: Annette Wilcox, Robin Woodford, and Dianne Whitten.
- Local 984’s membership numbers are approximately 805 members as of May 2019.
- Arbitration of grievance 17A-058-WRPS, Data entry, and retrieval for the purpose of respiratory training certification/verification and update. The arbitrator’s decision is due in late June.
- The middle of June will be a new hire orientation for the 4th HPT/RCT trainee class.
- The union won a few arbitrations and lost a few. The wins resulted in reinstating members to their former positions with seniority and back pay.
- The union has been successful in settling numerous grievances which resulted in back pay and or returning members back to work.
- In the last year, there have been several members disciplined for a variety of reasons. Please watch what you do, follow procedures, and stay safe.
- The annual Labor Day Picnic is scheduled for September 2, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Columbia Park.
- Please call in or notify your steward of any change of address.
Local 984 is grateful to all our members and our local union leadership for the hard work, dedication, and loyalty you demonstrate every day of the year. I know that our success depends on the efforts of each and every one of you.
Local 984 wishes to extend our deepest and most sincere condolences to the families of our departed members, Richard Woods, John Bako, and Candie Rieke.
Danny K Daniels
Business Manager / Financial Secretary
IBEW Local 984